Updates for Parents
Websites kids use at school already:
Sumdog: All 3rd, 4th and Ms Cullen's 5th have a log in code. If your child has lost theirs they can contact
Frances in the office or set up a new account for them! Well done to Cillian in Ms O'Hanlon's class for most
answers so far. Watch this space for other children's names that are logging in!
Nessy: If you're child has an account set up by the school, they can access it using Secret Word: quaintcanoe and then type their name to gain access.
Other websites we recommend:
- Guide to Scrapbooking : Recommended by Sam and Jake
- World of David Walliams: NEW Print activities related to his books. Listen to his stories online for free.
- Roald Dahl.com: NEW Puzzles, quizzes, things to make and watch associated with his books.
- PE with Joe: NEW 30 minute PE videos for kids. Stream live at 9am or watch back later.
- Audible: NEW Amazon has waved charges for this service. Unlimited books for kids to listen to.
- Dublin Zoo Webcams; NEW watch live from Dublin Zoo some of your favourite animals.
- Scoil Cholmcille Exercise Homework: NEW excercise ideas that can be printed or just used as a reference.
- Video demsontrating importance of washing hands: Tom from McFly carries out experiment with his kids to show importance of using soap.
- 30 day lego challenge: List of challenges for kids to build using Lego.
- RTE 10@ 10: Workout videos for kids to keep them active. Option to do it as Gaeilge too!
- Go Noodle videos: Can access via gonoodle.com or Youtube.
- Transum.org : Practice tables online.
- Multiplication.com : Practice tables online.
- Nasa Kids Club : learn about Space
- Ted Science videos on Youtube : check out this one on why sharks are so awesome!
- Topmarks: Maths and English games for aged 7-11 years
- Art Projects for Kids: Step by step guides on how to draw.
- Twinkl Worksheets available for parents to print using code : IRLTWINKLHELPS
- Borrowbox : access to hundreds of books online from DLR library. Just need your membership number to log in.
- Writing Legends: comprehensive writing programme for kids. Children's log in codes to be distributed to parents.
- Snas ar Scéal: Gaeilge vocabulary games.
- Ask about Ireland: Learn about the History and Geography of Ireland.
- Scoilnet : Bank of online resources for all subjects.
- World Book Day : sign up here to gain access to free children's books online for one month.
Teachers have sent home a list of reading materials - Pm Readers and Novels. If you have finished reading why don't you try one of the following:
- Write a book review for your book.
- Write a different ending for the book.
- Make up a quiz of 10/20 questions about your book.
- If it is a factual book: Write up ten facts you learned reading the book.
- Write about your favourite charachter and why they are your favourite.
- Make a wordsearch using charachters names/ important words from the book.
- Look up new words from the book in the dictionary/online dictionary.
- Design a different cover for your book.